Saturday, December 17, 2011

Again

I have a dear friend who called today to chat, we usually pray together once a week and have not had time the last several weeks so it was  a time of catching up and encouragement and blessing.
She asked what was holding me to an area that I have been struggling with, and I told her at first it was cause you know the saying if you don't deal it with it now you will have to deal with it again? Well that was the advice I had gotten from some.I know I have forgiven, I know time heals and I KNOW God is in control and as I brought it all before Him , He so clearly showed me I would yes go through things like this again, as they are so big to teach it all at once would be to big for me, He showed me it was like a runner as you run you build muscle, but you can't expect it to stay if you don't continue, you sweat, and get out "junk" .But I need to keep running towards Him for more teaching, He sees each tear and knows there is sorrow and joy in each one. But if I truly desire to be like Him and I do , I need to take what He is teaching and put it to action, and so I try and pray I am doing as He desires. And I pray these teachings go deep into my soul so I can not only learn but help others, for life is full of hard things. I have always wondered why people with hard times have been drawn to me , what have I for them? Jesus showed me, even though I am not where I want to be, when I have been through things I can share what He shows and continues to show and work on in me, and yes sometimes, He allows us to go through it again and again, not as punishment for getting it wrong, but as a reward, for at the end is His glory.

Matthew 11:29-30 Jesus said "Take my yoke upon you  and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

No comments:

Post a Comment