Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This Morning!

17 My soul has been deprived  of peace;
    I have forgotten what happiness is.
18 Then I thought: My future  is lost,
as well as my hope from the LORD.
19 Remember  my affliction and my homelessness,
    the wormwood and the poison.
20 I continually remember them
    and have become depressed.
21 Yet I call this to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
22 Because of the LORD's faithful love
    we do not perish,
    for His mercies never end.
23 They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness!
24 I say: The LORD is my portion,
    therefore I will put my hope in Him.
25 The LORD is good to those who wait  for Him,
to the person who seeks Him.
26 It is good to wait quietly
    for deliverance from the LORD.

I read these verses this morning they are from the HCSB. I have been trying to read and memorize more of the word lately. We watched a movie called the "Book Of Eli" it was about a man who at the end of the world wanted to get the one Bible left to a place that printed books , Of course the bad guys got it from him and wounded him badly, yet he got to the printers and was able to quote the whole thing, it was ingrained in him Word.for.word. I may never get it word for word but I want it all in there, all of what God has , I have heard and said" the mercies of the Lord are new every morning" so many times, but well reading this, WOW, nothing was different for the writer of this from thousands of years ago then what I go through today. It is almost as if he was living my life. the word of the Lord is for each generation when people say there is nothing in there that applies to today, wow, we have so many verses we can show them if we know where they are. 
The Lord has so laid Titus 2:7 on my heart in regards to my teaching the children on Wednesday's and Sundays.
'about everything. Set an example of good works yourself, with integrity and dignity  in your teaching. '

It is such a responsibility and I want the Lord to help me lead the children right to Him , I think about the poorest of the poor, in other countries and my heart aches, yet it aches just as much for those right in front of me in my own neighborhood, church, and family. I wish I could just take in everyone and help them. I know that is not the total answer, The answer is JESUS...... Nothing else will change the whole world but Him. He is mighty to save.
So this day I will wait quietly for Him to answer, to give me the words to share, the love, the amazing, unconditonal love that only comes from Him. And the patience to see what He has for us in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment